- what makes portable multi gas detectors so desirable?
Working in a career that involves the possible exposure to harmful or flammable gases has brought about the need for gas detectors that are able to alert you to any dangers before they become too serious. These detectors are available as fixed or portable models, and there are a number of factors that make the portable kind much more desirable, including:
- Reliability: These devices are fitted with high specification sensors that enable them to provide accurate results, even when being moved around to different areas of the workplace.
- Flexibility: The fantastic thing about many of these detectors is that they are able to monitor the space for more than type of gas. This lessens the need for multiple devices.
- Ease of Use: Often, these devices feature a single on/off button and require minimal training. This makes the use of these detectors highly desirable in high-pressure environments.
- Maintenance: These devices are extremely easy to maintain and calibrate; they are even fitted with a rubber shock and weatherproof housing that is very proficient in protecting against damage.
- Alarm: When the levels of the gases that the device is programmed to detect begin to reach potentially dangerous levels, it will alarm quite loudly, alerting you to the problem.
Whilst having fixed detectors permanently mounted in the most at risk areas of your workplace is a very good idea, it can be of equal benefit to have some portable multi gas detectors on hand for your employees to carry around with them. These can ensure that, no matter what part of the room your employees are in, they will be alerted to the potential risk.