Sioutas Cascade Impactor
The patented† personal-size Sioutas* Cascade Impactor separates and collects airborne particles in five size ranges: > 2.5 µm, 1.0 to 2.5 µm, 0.50 to 1.0 µm, 0.25 to 0.50 µm, and < 0.25 µm. When used with PTFE collection filters, the Sioutas Impactor is highly efficient at collecting particles without the use of impaction grease or substrate coatings and at retaining unstable compounds for size-fractionated chemical analysis.
† U.S. Patent No. 6,786,105
* Developed by Dr. Constantinos Sioutas of the University of Southern California in partnership with the Mickey Leland National Urban Air Toxics Research Center (NUATRC). See reference below.
* Requires special provisions, see operating instructions.
Sioutas Impactor and Leland Legacy Pump Are Powerful Partners
The Sioutas Impactor and SKC Leland Legacy Sample Pump operated at 9 L/min are powerful partners that ensure precise particle separation at the specified cut-points and sample collection on the filters at each stage. The Sioutas Impactor is simply clipped to a worker's collar or lapel for personal sampling and is also suitable for area sampling.
Precise particle separation
- Particle size cut-points: 2.5 µm, 1.0 µm, 0.50 µm, and 0.25 µm
- The only personal impactor that efficiently samples coarse, fine, and ultrafine particles simultaneously
- Maintains high collection efficiency even at high particle concentrations
Optimized at 9 L/min flow rate with low pressure drop for 24-hour sampling
- Maintains specified 50% cut-points
- Improves analytical sensitivity
- Minimizes non-detectable samples
Preserves unstable compounds
- Chemically inert collection substrate
- No impaction grease to contaminate sample
Minimal particle bounce and internal wall losses
Suitable for indoor and outdoor* sampling
Size-fractionated samples can be analyzed gravimetrically, chemically, and microscopically
Small and lightweight
- Suitable for personal or area sampling
- 5.6 ounces (159 grams)